6 Ways on How to Overcome Asthma
1. Knowing the asthma medications, both usability and its side effects. There are two types of asthma medication that is, the drugs work quickly to resolve the attack immediately shortness of breath (reliver), and preventive medicines long term, to overcome airway inflammation (preventer / controller). Which includes drug reliver bronchodilators are medications such quick work, salbuterol albuterol, metaproterenol, terbutaline and procaterol. In addition, the drug class of anti cholinergik, fast work theophylline, adrenaline or epinephrine injections can also be selected. Long-term preventive medications that can be used is corticosteroids, cromoglycate, nedcromil, B2 agonists long, slow-release theophylline, and leukotriene.
2. Treat or manage asthma. Treatment is only done when an asthma attack in progress, but also during the attack.
3. Learn and understand the factors trigger asthma attacks (allergen), and knowing how to control it. These trigger factors can differ between patients with one another. These factors often mentioned as a factor triggers include allergens, emotional stress, infections, food substances, chemicals, physical factors such as weather changes, physical activity, and medications.
4. Make emergency plans (Action Plan). Action plan is especially needed when an asthma attack will recur, and patients needed help immediately.
5. Rehabilitation and improvement of physical fitness with sports or physical exercise guided.
6. Monitor and keep track (follow up) on a regular basis asthmatic disease. Until now have not been able to cure asthma and asthma symptoms often vary. Therefore, treatment should be done for life and are monitored and followed by continuous development.